Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Still waiting for spring...

This cold weather we're having is very tiring. After experiencing such nice weather in Jasper on the weekend (13 C), I'm back to -5 to -15 degrees with hard wind. Today it was hailing on the way home from work. The hail was a little smaller than a marble in size... pretty freaky, especially with it coming down so hard.

I seem to have caught a bit of my girlfriend's cold. My nose is running and I have the urge to sneeze every five seconds. I'm on my second box of kleenex since yesterday. Oh well, at least it's not the flu! *knocks on wood*

I went to Wal-mart yesterday to print off some digital pics of the trip. I ended up with pics I didn't even choose...oh well. I'll try again later on this week.

My younger sister (whom I vented about earlier this month) is still in the running for the 'dumbass of the year' award. She starts work at 6:30 am and I saw her up before 6 am this morning so I was sure she was going to be on time for work. It's about a 12 minute drive from here to work. It was 6:22 am and I see her come upstairs from the basement to leave for work. I'm thinking, 'what the hell???! What has she been doing down there that she's running late? Well, hopefully there's light traffic and she can get to work only a few minutes late...' Well, about five minutes later, I leave for work and stop at Tim Horton's for coffee on the way. I pull into the parking lot at work and get out of my vehicle and who whips into the parking lot just then? Yep, my sister and her loser boyfriend. They stopped at Tim Horton's!!! She was freakin' late but decided to stop at Tim Horton's on the way. Un-freakin'-believable. I just stood there, stunned. She walked by me all snotty-like and said, "What? I tried to call... nobody answered." Um... that's your excuse for being stupid? She's been late about a hundred times since she started there last year. It's only a matter of time before she's fired. It's only been about a month since she was suspended for three days. God, she's stupid.

Not only that, but her boyfriend, who finally got a job last week, is already unemployed again. He went to work for a few days and then since Thursday he's been spending his days sleeping and doing god knows what at our place. I mentioned that to my sister as well and she flipped out at me. I'm thinking I'm now 100% sure they're both doing meth again.

Sigh...

Today I'm grateful for:

* Communication via text messages
* Caffeine
* Jigsaw puzzles
* My grandmother seeing another birthday tomorrow

No comments: