Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Oh yuck...

In case anyone didn't know this, I have to tell you that skim milk and red grapes should not be consumed together. Bleah... why I thought that was a good idea, I'll never know.

I went to Old Navy this afternoon to pick up a pair of jeans because my other pairs are falling off of me. What a freakin' nightmare. I'm never going to Old Navy on a Saturday afternoon ever again. After Old Navy I decided I hadn't stressed myself out enough so I went to the Nike store to look for socks for running. I found a really nice long sleeved shirt that I liked designed to wick the sweat away from you, etc., so I took that and two pairs of socks up to the counter. The guy at the counter is like, "Um... we're only accepting cash today. Our system crashed." I looked at him and said, "Well, seeing as how this overpriced shirt and these extremely overpriced socks would already run me well over $50, I'd have to say no... I don't have that kind of cash on me." I dropped the stuff on the counter and left. I went to Sport Chek and picked up two pairs of socks for about $25. Good exercise stuff is fucking expensive!!! They know people will pay $10 for a pair of socks that will eliminate blisters from forming on long runs/walks. Bastards.

I went over to my grandparents' place a while ago to check on my kitties. Nobody is there this week, so they're by themselves. They were both in hiding and only one came out to see me. Where the other one is hiding, I'll never know. I don't understand how cats can hide so well. There was one time that Simon (my five year old orange cat) hid and we searched literally every freakin' crook and cranny in that house and we couldn't find him. A few hours later, he strolls into the kitchen looking for food. What the hell? It's not like they go outside or anything... I don't get it. Another time Molly (my five year old calico cat) did the same thing only for longer and my grandmother was in tears thinking she was gone because I had had people in to clean the furnace that morning and the door was slightly open for that time. The sound of them cleaning scared the crap out of the cats and they went into hiding. Well holy cow... when Molly came out of hiding several hours later, my grandmother was sobbing and scolding her at the same time. Needless to say, she loves those cats as though they were her children.

I spent all day at work yesterday composing lengthy e-mails that hurt my brain. So, what do I do all yesterday evening and this morning? Yep, I composed no less than nine lengthy e-mails. Those ones were much more fun than the work ones. No number crunching and stress involved. : )

Oh yeah, I thought I'd mention... a year ago today, I met my ex for the first time in person. Strange how the anniversary doesn't bother me. Two months ago I was sure I'd be a wreck on this date, but obviously I've come a long way. : )

Today I'm grateful for:

* Humour and wit
* Girls
* A half decent internet connection
* My grandmother in B.C. surviving another year

No comments: