Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 24, 2007

A snapshot, if you will...

It's nearly 5 am and I'm up with horrible cramps. I've taken a Tylenol 3 but that was just over an hour ago and the fucking codeine doesn't seem to be taking the edge off at all. I hate being a woman during this time. Ugh...

I need to catch up but I'm not sure I have the energy. I'll give it a go anyway because I've missed posting on a near daily basis.

Needless to say, I'm dating the British girl and it's going fantastically. Yesterday, she sent me flowers at work. The whole office was practically going nuts trying to figure out who 'J' was...heh. She sent me lilies because we had recently watched Imagine Me & You and I have a huge crush on Lena Heady... so incredibly sweet, especially on a rough day at work.

We had an outing to Ikea and Old Navy yesterday evening. I picked up another pair of jeans (I adore the other ones I purchased last week) and a pair of pyjama bottoms because mine are all way too big for me to wear anymore. She made me laugh because when I opened the door to show her how the jeans looked, she came into the dressing room, closed the door and kissed me senseless before promptly leaving the room saying, "Yeah, they look great, sis. I'm going to go get mom..."

At Ikea we were mattress testing (Ikea has a big 20% off sale on right now) before picking up a couple of clocks (for my work) and some kitchen stuff (for her kitchen). Before we knew it, it was 9 pm and we were starving, so we went to Swiss Chalet where there was this family there with three kids under the age of 8... all of them drinking pop and eating dessert, wired for sound and running all over the place shrieking. I could not believe the parents who just sat there and ignored the whole thing. How do you ply your children with sugar at that time of night, never mind control them in a restaurant? My goodness... it was almost like watching one of those nanny shows.

Despite it being after 10 pm when we arrived back at her place, she convinced me to drive over a few blocks to the provincial museum grounds as she wanted to show me something. My goodness... the view on the grounds is stunning... right on the high edge of the North Saskatchewan river bank, the South side of the city was spread out beneath us in a twinkle of orange and yellow lights. It was raining lightly so the sky was soft and misty... it was very beautiful. I will definitely need to return to that area and take a picture when it's clearer...

I've now popped a second Tylenol 3. This one better work, dammit... work is going to be brutal enough as it is. Fiscal month end always blows because I have to stay 12+ hrs on a Friday night. Add excruciating cramps to the mix and I want to freakin' die...

I purchased a crazy book called The Straight Girl's Guide To Sleeping With Chicks off of Amazon last week. It was one of the suggestions that came up after I added Bound to my checkout bin. I read the introduction online and laughed out loud a few times so I thought it'd be a funny read, despite my not being straight. So far it's definitely lived up to the expectation... and really, let's face it, you haven't learned anything until you've seen published pictures of barbie dolls in compromising positions.

I see that the sun is coming up now and I really hope that either my cramps have subsided to a more manageable level by the time I need to leave for work in an hour or that time simply stops and I can sleep for eight hours. Something tells me neither will happen...

This weekend will be when my parents and sisters (if they're around) meet the British girl. I find myself oddly nervous because I never know which side my family will show... but I'm sure it'll all go alright. Hopefully.

I think I will go back to flipping through Maclean's magazine... I certainly did not know that Michael Buble and Emily Blunt have been dating for nearly two years. Wow. Interesting pair. Michael is on tour right now with Jann Arden opening for him. I would love to see that concert. I think the magazine said the tour was stopping in Canada in the winter...

Today I'm grateful for:

* Drugs. God, what would I do without codeine...
* Friends who still love me even though I've been sucked into the 'new relationship' vortex
* Unexpected surprises
* My co-workers who know I'm gay (all two of them) who diffused the guessing game at work when the flowers came. Bless them...
* The wonderful girl I've met who has already shown me many things I realize I've been missing in past relationships all my life.
* My parents and sisters already knowing that I'm gay so that bringing a girl around is not a big deal...

2 comments:

jp said...

Here's hoping you're feeling better, and that we can catch up this weekend. Yeah, I know you just packed your blog full of updates, but...still. :)

Stacey said...

happy to hear that things are going well. sounds like she's a keeper! i hope it continues to go really well and maybe she'll be travelling out here with you one day. ;)

sorry about the cramps. that must suck.