Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wicked, Wrong, Warped Wednesday

My goodness, I am never taking a day off from work ever again. It's just not freakin' worth it! I arrived at work for 7 am and was immediately informed that I had a conference call in fifteen minutes regarding a project that was thrust upon us so quickly that my head is still spinning from it. Well, let me just say that it *is* possible to be stressed out to the maximum degree by 8 am. It didn't let up from there; it was a constant battle today. I did manage to demolish one pile of stuff I had leftover from Friday, so that's progress I suppose. I did get a good laugh from a colleague in Eastern Canada later in the day who shares some of the same struggles that I do. It's always fun when even the most professional people crack a little... heh.

I walked just over 6 miles today. I walked 2 miles before work and then walked to Blockbuster and back in the rain this evening. I returned Freedom Writers which I had watched last night. I thought it was an awesome movie. Even my father couldn't walk away from it. And it was sooooooooo creepy because the woman who plays Umbridge in the latest Harry Potter movie is in it playing a similar character! My dad and I would go, "Ughhhhhh.... she's creeping me out again!!" whenever she was in a scene.

My sister told me that my ex text messaged her today saying she's scared about her surgery on Monday. She told my sister not to tell me. Um... okay, she has to know she'll tell me. I wonder what the purpose of all of that was. I know she'd never admit anything like that to me because it'd imply that she needs someone. To admit it to my sister and then tell her not to tell me... um... yeah. My best friend thinks I should reach out to her again. I told her no. I've reached out too many times already.

I had more to say today but this has already taken me an hour to type because I keep spacing out (and messaging some girl from the city on MSN...), so I'm just going to wrap it up.

Today I'm grateful for:

* Being able to do up that last snap button on my lab coats at work! Woooohoooo!
* My rain coat being loose on me now. Wow...
* My friends
* Perking up after getting a little down about not getting a message from that girl I was interested in. See? Jinxed it by giving a little info...
* Jen for reasons too numerous to explain

3 comments:

jp said...

Wait...you're grateful for me? Not another one of your Jen's?

westmaple said...

Yeah, I guess I was a little unclear on that one. I meant you this time. ;)

jp said...

Just this time? Sigh. I knew it was too good to be true.