Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Back on the horse... so to speak

I went to another hockey game last night. This time the Dallas Stars were in town. We ended up losing in a shoot out. Being there again was not that bad, despite being able to see where I had been sitting the last time from the seats we were in this time. At one point the puck flipped into the crowd and my blood ran cold, but it hit the ground instead of a person, so that was good.

Work is hellacious right now. I can't freakin' wait to be on vacation, although who am I kidding... I'm still going to have to monitor some stuff while I'm gone.

I totally did not get around to sending Christmas cards to *anyone* this year. Not even people I see every day where I could just HAND them one. I've been so damn busy it's not even funny.

Tonight I finished work at 8 pm and decided to go to Wal-mart to pick up something for Jules. Holy Christ was that a mistake. I guess there's a reason it's open 24 hours because you HAVE to go in the middle of the night just to be able to walk down an aisle way without being crushed by the crowd.

Tomorrow the office people are doing a gift exchange thing (that I totally did not want to participate in)... we draw numbers and the first person opens a present... second person can pick that one or open one... etc., etc... with the last person getting to pick from everything. Anyway, I decided to be practical and hopefully a little original... I bought a car seat warmer/massager. It's at least a gift I wouldn't mind ending up with. Currently I'm using my sister's seat warmer (she let me use it the night I broke my nose and I just haven't taken it out of my car yet...heh).

Well, it's time for bed. I'm beyond exhausted...

Today I'm grateful for:

* My upcoming vacation
* Tomorrow being pay day
* My girlfriend
* My American twin for updating her blog so I know she's alive

1 comment:

jp said...

I have learned (finally) to do my shopping online as to avoid the packed aisles around the holidays. Nothing better than coming home after a particularly shitty day at work, and finding all your presents delivered to your door.

Hey - I'll take the car seat warmer if no one else wants it. :)

And yes - I'm alive. I've managed to stay out of the hospital for two straight weeks now. That's a record of some sort, I'm sure.

Hope all's well...we need to soon catch up. Miss you!