Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 7, 2007

Brrrrrrrr...... it's frrrreeeeeeeeezing here...

It is so damn cold here lately. This whole past week has been very frigid... like, -20C and below with snow almost every day. Tonight, on the way home from work, I saw three big accidents during my 15 minute commute. How sad is that... the roads are very slippery despite some of them looking clear. At one point, I hit my brakes and I just kept on going because the road was like glass. It's amazing, the things we do to get around without having to brave the elements. Huge, heavy, fuel filled vehicles on ice... yeah, totally stupid.

I've resumed working long hours again now that my nose isn't bothering me as much. This month has been insane already and it's only the 7th. I'm really looking forward to my vacation at the end of the month...

On Monday I brought my cat, Molly, over to my place for a visit. She was freaked out for the first day but then did pretty well after that. It was nice having her here but I definitely value my sleep now that she's gone again (my grandparents came and picked her up yesterday). She's so adorable in the middle of the night, walking all over me, meowing and rubbing herself against everything. Annoying but adorable.

I finished watching season one of Dexter on DVD and I'm craving more. Jules bought me one of the books to tide me over and it's great because the show is obviously written closely to the style of the books.

I've also finally started watching the third and final season of Veronica Mars. I bought it when it came out on DVD but I was putting it off because I don't want to finish it and have nothing to look forward to. So far it's pretty good but it's all bittersweet of course... sigh.

Well, off to take a warm bath because I'm freezing my ass off...

Today I'm grateful for:

- A warm house to live in (except it's cold right now for some reason...)
- My girlfriend and all of the wonderful things she does for me
- Not getting into an accident on the super slippery roads
- My upcoming vacation
- Good books to read

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I heart Veronica Mars. I'm hoping I get the 3rd season for Christmas. I've been good. Honest.

I was going to get you that movie we watched but it was so bad, I forgot the title already. ;)

westmaple said...

Oh my god, so do I!