Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No cavities

The dentist is a rip-off, even if I do get most of it back through insurance. I left work early in order to go home and clean the heck out of my teeth before going to the dentist to get them cleaned. Why do that, you ask? Well... the cleaner you can actually get your teeth before going, the less expensive it is. The part they call 'scaling'... which is really them scraping your teeth with what feels like a razor sharp hook... costs $50 per unit. Each unit is 10 freakin' minutes!!! When I got in there, she tried her best to find something to scrape off my teeth but had to give up in less than a minute and actually exclaimed that my teeth looked great.

Yeah... whatever. I got the bill and on it were two units of scaling. WTF?!?! Total rip-off. This happened at my last dentist as well. I have a feeling that the dental hygienists are trained to blab away and draw out the entire process so that, if questioned, they can actually say, 'Yep, I started at 1 pm and finished at 1:20 pm...' never mind the fact that they didn't even have an instrument in your mouth for 18 minutes of that time but were actually gesturing with them in their hands while telling you about their trip to Mexico they have coming up in May. Clever...

Anyway, I have no cavities. Yay!

After the dentist, I went to a jewellery store to pick up Jules a amber necklace. I'm going to give it to her on May 6th, the day she has her Canadian citizenship ceremony. :) She loves amber, so I think she'll like it a lot.

It's finally not snowing anymore... but more snow is apparently coming on Friday for one day and then the major melt continues. The roads are still horrific because the city refuses to plow when they know it'll melt in a couple of days. Bastards.

Today I'm grateful for:

* My job
* A nice place to live
* My girlfriend
* My girlfriend getting her Canadian citizenship
* Insurance

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Yay for no cavities. I hear ya on the rip off denists though. My bill was just under $500!!!

Congrats to Jules getting her citizenship soon. The gift sounds really nice.

Glad the snow will disappear soon. I don't envy you.