Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dieting (again)

Jules and I started on a diet...um... lifestyle change earlier this month. So far, we've each lost 5 lbs. It hasn't been tooooo hard to stick to it... it's just really hard when work has been bringing in donuts and timbits and pizza a lot lately for meetings. It's difficult to pass those things up sometimes, especially when they are just THERE and EASY. Tough resolve, tough resolve... want to fit into my shorts again...

See, last year, I dropped 20 lbs in the last few months of my relationship with my ex and the following couple of months afterward. When I met Jules though... well, I guess being happy and dating does not help out healthy eating habits, or the great exercise routine I had been in for months! I gained most of that weight back again. At the point I met Jules, I was walking five miles+ per day and eating very well. I would like to get close to that point again. I've started walking again a few days per week (I had to stop last week until I bought new shoes because my old ones were shot from all the abuse from last year on the trails).

We've been eating a lot of salads lately. I basically buy the bagged salad (they're usually on sale at Safeway - lots of varieties) and add in cucumber, peppers, and extra carrots and celery. I'll either buy a roasted chicken or prepare seasoned chicken breasts on the grill and then cut them up for the salad. Sometimes I'll use another type of meat or fish.

My new favourite lunch meal is soup. Campbell's Chunky Chicken Noodle to be exact. Safeway sells the little cans with the easy to open lid (NOT the microwavable ones, a regular can - much less sodium and much more flavour!) so I just heat one of those up and I don't find myself hungry before dinner. Occasionally though, I'll have a Weight Watchers frozen meal instead. They're kind of pricey at the grocery stores but only $2.47 at Wal-mart. Yay for Wal-mart!

2 comments:

jp said...

What a slacker your American twin is, not commenting or keeping in touch. Sigh. Hope y'all are doing well! :)

westmaple said...

Yeah, what a slacker! I've missed you!!