Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 16, 2008

Damn bugs...

All the rain we have received in the past two weeks has brought out the mosquitoes. I have what feels like a hundred bites already... Walking in the evening is now downright unpleasant, which is a shame because that's when it's cooler and more tolerable to walk.

The Pride parade was pretty large considering where it was taking place. Most of the people in the parade were walking or driving a vehicle... there were only about four floats. Yeah, nothing like Toronto last year...

On the other hand, it was nice to hear the mayor make the speech about pride week and gay rights, etc. It nearly brings a tear to your eye when you hear it out here in Alberta.

Tonight I'm looking up stuff to do in the GTA... my Aunt is expecting me to come up with some things to do (rather than sit around for half a week with no agenda, I guess). Any ideas?

Today I'm grateful for:

* A raise
* An upcoming vacation
* My girl getting her tooth fixed so she can actually eat something
* My family
* My apartment being relatively cool when I get home from work
* Sale on cereal (jumbo box of Special K with red berries for $5.99 instead of $8.99... awesome)

4 comments:

Stacey said...

sorry about the bugs.

glad pride was fun. really looking forward to seeing you for t.o. pride.

will think of things to do in the city. do you have certain activities you like? shopping? museums? water parks? amusement rides? parks? beach?

i have monday off but not the friday. i can work an early shift friday and be done by 3 pm. can you maybe get your friend to drop you off on this side of the city at all? or something?

Stacey said...

i got friday off!!! yaya!!!!

westmaple said...

YAY!!!!

Hm... I think my aunt likes walking. Shopping is always good but then one usually ends up spending too much money. How are the wine tours? I've never been on one...

Stacey said...

I've never done a wine tour but I've been to the wineries to taste wine. It was fun. Niagara-on-the-Lake is GORGEOUS and there are tons of wineries around there.

Shopping... I like the ritzy Yorkville area (Bloor Street between University and Bay). There is a nice mall called Yorkdale in the north west side of the city off the 401. And then there's Queen Street west for funky shops.

There's the zoo which is always fun and on the east side of the city so not too far from your aunt's house.