Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Enough with the rain

I'm sick of all of the rain we've been getting lately. I enjoy cooler weather but I can't stand the humidity! It's so dry around here 95% of the time so the humidity that comes after several days of rain is really noticeable. Oh well, I guess I should get used to it... I'll be experiencing that for ten days in Ontario at the end of the month/beginning of July!

Today my Ontario work colleagues were in town for a meeting so I spent the morning downtown with them and my boss listening to presentations about the business. It was really informative and I enjoyed it but the morning seemed to last forever. Attending formal business meetings always seems to take a lot of energy - not just in preparation for what the agenda is but also because the mental filter needs to be switched on so only professional things come out of my mouth. What is acceptable in day-to-day at work is not always appropriate for a meeting with others.

Tomorrow is my ten month anniversary with Jules. When I came home this afternoon I saw a gift leaning on my laptop - season four of Oz. Yay... more Oz to watch. I don't know what it is about that show...

Today is my (good) sister's 23rd birthday. Man... another reminder of how old I am. She's 7 years younger than I am. A built-in babysitter I was back in the day. My parents sure planned that one out good.

I asked Jules the other day if she wanted to co-author this blog with me. I asked her because she writes rather well and has interesting things to say (unlike me these days). I think she has accepted, so we'll see what happens.

And lastly, as I was driving home today, with my window down and my hair swirling around my head, I thought of Stacey and our amusing conversation from last night. Yes, I am the only person on the road without air conditioning... when I pull up to a red light, I'm the only person with windows down, aside from the smokers. I'm the only person who exits their car looking like Helena Bonham-Carter (hair, not clothes)...

Today I'm grateful for:

* My girlfriend
* My family
* Opportunities
* Anniversaries
* Insurance
* Good books

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hahah LOOOOOSSSSSEEEEER without air conditioning. You're the only one. Oh you're the only one! (singing in the Tigger song tune) Hahahaha. I hope you aren't swimming in your sweat or inhaling dust from more construction... ;)