Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 12, 2008

What Would Larua Ingalls Wilder Do?

I can not believe my bff (best FOE forever???) and gf would post such a terrible picture of me (see below), but then, her true love as we now all know, is her Toyota. I could have a beard in that picture and Missy Car-Owner wouldn't notice ;). We shall forgive her. I am wearing no make up and look as though I have swallowed a small calf. Heaven knows how this got passed the censor....

My forgiveness decreed, Missy Car-Owner has not forgiven me, for negating the posting of Poor Person's Soup on the blog. I did, in my defence, send it to Stacey who asked for it...however, I shall whip through it here for no one at all, to be good with with the Goddess of New Cars:

Cup or three of lentils, cup or three of water
Big can of diced tomatoes
Big can of chick peas
Big can of mushrooms (less poor use REAL mushrooms....IMAGINE THAT?!?)
Big can of erm...oh yes, baked beans (or just any ole beans)
Onions (I cut em and freeze em and then throw in a handful)
Garlic (powdered for poor, the real deal if cah-chinging)
Herbs (Italian bits like basil and stuff)

errrr.....oh maybe tomato paste....and then loads of frozen veg (or the real 'just grew it meself' varieties for those with gardens or nice relatives that always send them away with summat fresh)

Potatoes all diced nicely and thrown in for good measure . . .

...throw it all together - stir it for the rest of your life (the lentils stick to the bottom and burn if not)...add water when it gets dead thick....keep stirring but keep it thick - cos it's nice...

blah blah blah. Poor Person's Soup. The End. Freeze it and it keeps forever. Costs next to nothing and lasts for over a week. Now it is THE END. The soup makes you say things like, "Oooh a lovely winter soup"...whereby you have that image of yourself at the Little House on the Prairie table with the wood burner flaming away in the background, looking at your siblings whom you share a bed with (all 15 of them)...it's a warm, hearty family feeling with a storm beating down outside and Michael Landon just being Bonanza and fatherly and protecting....the reality? The reality is you, by yourself in a fluorescent lighted kitchen, having not made it to the dining table you bought for way too much but have NEVER used, eating out of your chipped Ikea bowl while you opening bills and absent minded ya half watching a dog being rescued on the local news, all the while mentally prepping a Safeway shopping list...(because, Jeeeeeus, who the feck used all the milk???) . . . Ms. Ingalls Wilder in the Millennium -it ain't what it used to be Miss Laura, it ain't what it used to be.

Hopefully I am now all squared up with the person upstairs (and on the lap top next to me)....posting afore listed soup was my act of contrition...hopefully she will now remove that gawd awful picture....my publicist usually censors such things but was clearly drunk that day. I will give them a pink slip in the morning.

Lady of the Car thinks I should post summat enlightening about the differences between England and Canada. I shall.

To be continued . . .

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Lady of the Car sure is bossy.

I still have not made the poor person's soup but want to. Or at least have my wife make it because she likes cooking and I do not, even if it is simple and for poor people.