Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another week

Let's see... reason why I haven't blogged in the past week in no particular order:

  • Was sick Jan 5 - 8 with some mysterious stomach cramping thing
  • Started writing a SVU fic
  • Had a root canal
  • Slept 15 hours on Saturday
  • Have had doubled commute times due to really crappy weather
  • Super lazy

It's funny, I think of great things to blog about when I'm in the car or at work or just before I fall asleep at night. But not when I'm, y'know, sitting at the computer with the web browser open. I think of a lot of great things when I'm in the car. Maybe that's why some people install computers in their cars! Super dangerous web blogging while at a stop light. Sounds great...

I got a hair cut after work today. My hair was practically half-way down my back and my layers had grown out. I didn't think it looked too bad; I was just annoyed with how it seems to tangle more after and take twice as long to dry once it gets past a certain length. Apparently my co-workers thought differently because for the past two weeks I've had people come up to me asking when I'm getting my hair cut. I ask why and they shrug and mumble, "I don't know... just wondering. It's getting pretty long..." Um, yeah, so? Well, someone better comment tomorrow or else!

I'm watching CSI right now. It's apparently Grissom's last episode. I can't imagine the show without him on it, but the blow is significantly lessened by the addition of fellow Canadian Lauren Lee Smith (aka Lara from The L Word). I guess when Jorja Fox left the show, they needed to fill the gay-lovin' quota.

My mother turned 51 on Sunday. Man, time flies. The family gathered at my grandparents' place for dinner. When dinner was over, my mom, my aunt, my grandma, Julie and my sisters were sitting around the table talking about different things when my sister started telling my mom how she loves her more than me or my other sister. My other sister naturally countered with something else and then I joined in. It went something like this:

"Mom, I was the first one to wish you a 'happy birthday' this morning, so I love you the most."

"Mom, I bought you breakfast this morning so I'm the daughter who loves you the most."

"Okay, but I brushed the snow off of mom's car today, so clearly I love her more."

"Yeah, but I gave her a back massage yesterday."

"Well, I cleaned the kitchen!"

"You're supposed to clean up after yourself in the kitchen anyway, dumbass."

"Yeah, well shut up."

"I clearly love mom the most because I moved out."

"Mom loves ME more because she asked me to move back in!"

"Yeah, that's because you were in trouble and she wanted to keep an eye on you."

"I love mom the most because I got a job working for the same company that she does!"

"Yeah, well so did I. Until I got fired..."

On and on it went until we were nearly in tears from laughing. My mom was highly amused.


And lastly, only five more sleeps until my surgery. I can't wait!!!

No comments: