Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Julie News Network (JNN)

Ah, the trials and trib's of an English broad abroad.  Having walked away from my job at a mental health non-profit organization (due to the mental health issues it was giving me).  I found a great sense of freedom for the first few hours, staring at the wall, looking at the books I could read.   It has been a long week.  I have managed to pick up a two month assignment that pays terribly but will be a nice seg-way back into the 'normal pace' of the workforce.  

In other news, I am excited about New Brunswick.  Last night I was literally crawling out of my skin with itchy feet (terrible imagery and metaphors there - forgive me)...I am yearning to move again...5 years here is far too long...however, Jennifer is here.  So therein was my dilemma.  I realised with her calming words and her patience that it's all about the antsyness of what has happened and since my Russian mob gig ended, I have not really been myself.  I do ache to be watching the twins grow up I must confess but I think once I am back on my feet I know I will be back to my old self somewhat.   I do need a shift in something but I know that the only thing that must shift is my cognitive processing of everything.  As a great advocate of cognitive behavioral therapy I know I should be practicing what I preach.

So there you have it.  Not the most thrilling of posts by yours truly but a post nonetheless (done with a splitting headache which may have to do with the abundance of muffins I have been inhaling since Jenn embarked on some baking, bless her!).  It could also have to do with Jennifer and I highlighting my hair this evening . . . it was quite lovely - we were like 18th century ladies who sew, read ( and er stuff) in the drawing room of some manor (think Jane Austen with lesbians)...except we were doing my hair with a $15 frosting kit and watching old episodes of CSI..oh how times of being a lady have changed.

Until soon - J

No comments: