Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

Another New Year

Another year and decade in our lives has begun. It still feels like the early 2000's (I guess really, 2010 is still the 'early 2000's', but whatever...) and I'm still in my twenties. I really experienced a lot of new things in the last decade:

  • Finally figured out (read: stopped denying) I was gay (2000)
  • Started working for my current employer for the first time (2000)
  • Laid off by my current employer (2001)
  • Became deeply depressed due to lay off, requiring medication just to be able to get out of bed (that took five weeks) and find a new job (that took three months due to slow economy)
  • Got my license to drive at 23 yrs (2001)
  • Briefly moved to the Vancouver area (2001)
  • Had mono (2001)
  • Started working for my current employer for the second time (2001)
  • Began my first serious relationship with a woman (2002)
  • Heart broken (2004)
  • Heart broken again by same person (2005)
  • Neck nearly broken by rebound fling (2005)
  • Promoted at work (2005)
  • Began my second serious relationship with a woman (2006)
  • Heart broken (2007)
  • My great uncle died of cancer, only the second death in my family in 11 years
  • Met Julie and began my third serious relationship with a woman (2007)
  • Had my nose and sinus crushed by a deflected slapshot at a hockey game (2007)
  • Trip to Philadelphia/NYC (2007)
  • Moved in with Julie (2008)
  • Turned 30 (2008)
  • Met Julie's parents visiting from the UK (2008)
  • Another uncle died of the same cancer (2008)
  • First ever surgery (to repair nose) (2008)
  • Finally received a diagnosis for my finger ailment thanks to Julie (2008)
  • Purchased my first new car (2008)
  • Second surgery (first for finger to remove tumor) (2009)
  • Moved to current condo apartment with Julie (2009)
  • My grandmother died of cancer (2009)
  • Third surgery (second for finger to remove more tumor) (2009)
  • First time away with Julie (Banff) (2009)
  • Went to N.B. and met Julie's ex-wife and ex-girlfriend and their two children (2009)
I know I've probably missed a lot of highlights but this is as good as my memory is this morning.

Time to finish the laundry and ironing (ugh.. hate ironing) before making a batch of vegetable soup. I was looking at my Jan 1/09 entry and my resolution was to use up what we buy, food-wise. Still working on that one but am definitely getting better at it!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

happy new year...looking forward to 2010 and what that may bring!