Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A bit of an update

I've logged on several times in the past couple of weeks intending to post a new blog entry but then I decide I don't have anything new and/or interesting to update with.  It doesn't feel like much has changed in a month:


  • We're moving into our new home on Dec 14th
  • I feel enormous with my baby belly and puffiness all over my body (especially my calves).
  • The baby has dropped a bit because I can now catch my breath and I don't have heartburn 24/7.  I've been feeling frequent pelvic pressure and at least once a day it feels like someone has kicked me in the crotch and I feel bruised when I walk.
  • I've stopped gaining weight even though I'm starving all the time and feel like I'm eating constantly.
  • Sleep eludes me most nights now.  I fall into a light dream state where I dream all sorts of messed up things (the other night I dreamt I was a murder victim) and then I open my eyes like I was just laying there with them closed for a while.  I usually have to get up for a couple hours in the middle of the night, either to eat or because I just can't stand to lay in bed at that point.  I then go to work exhausted every morning.  I'm really looking forward to starting maternity leave later this month.
  • Jules is really sick right now with a cold and has had to stay home from work for the past two days.  I'm honestly really surprised I haven't picked up the cold yet considering I haven't been exactly quarantining either Jules or myself to avoid it.  I feel really bad for her because she's been doing so much around the house and her work is really busy and she's been leading our home buying endeavour... The absolute last thing she deserves is to feel like this.  I've been doing my best to take care of her the past two days - hopefully some of the remedies I've subjected her to will help (neti pot, Nyquil, soup, smoothies, etc.)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Sorry you've been having no sleep and Jules has been sick. Hoping things get better soon.

New house--so exciting! New baby, even more exciting! Not long now.

I haven't forgotten about the painting. I do plan on doing it. Life has just been insane.