Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Curling is too a sport...

I'm watching the Brier final right now. It's a really close game, which makes it interesting. The guys can always hit doubles and make hard shots, but the girls are more entertaining to watch.

I find it amazing how they can throw the rock at the exact weight they want and curl it where they want it. An amazing amount of skill is needed for this game. I suppose a person probably has it or doesn't.

More nice weather this weekend except it's really overcast and grey. The snow and ice continue to melt off the roads and sidewalks. I didn't really spend any time outside though, I basically left the house to go to Tim Horton's on a coffee run.

Yesterday I watched Days Of Thunder for the first time. I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan, but it was pretty good... probably because Robert Duvall is hilarious and John C. Reilly has always been a favourite of mine. It seems Cary Elwes plays a jerk in every movie I've seen him in except probably for The Princess Bride which I couldn't stand. I still have no idea why that movie has such a huge cult following.

Today I watched Wedding Crashers which I thought was hilarious. Rachel McAdams looks great with dark hair. I love Christopher Walken in everything and anything, so it was worth seeing just for him.

My sister's boyfriend is such a loser. In booming Alberta, where you practically trip over a job on your way out of the house, he can't seem to keep a job longer than two days and just lives off of my sister's paycheque (as well as his parents'). The guy is in his early twenties...no excuse for being such a lazy slack ass. He does drugs (as does my sister, unfortunately), although which ones now, I don't really know. Meth used to be the drug of choice for both of them. Not sure if it still is. Anyway, he can't afford a car and even if he could, his insurance would be very expensive because I think he rolled a car once, or something. My sister bought his parents' old car and pays for the insurance, but he drives it around all day while she works. Apparently they broke up for the hundredth time this week. He dumped her saying he wanted to clean up his life, etc... so she said fine, she took the plates off of the car and said she was cancelling the insurance. He and his parents got so mad... said she still owed them money for the car, etc. Whatever. Fucking losers. Of course she's a dumb ass too because two days later, she took him back. Hm... he breaks up with her then realizes he'll have no car to drive around anymore and then asks her back. Wow... must be true love.

Today I'm grateful for:

* My awesome girlfriend who made this weekend wonderful
* The upcoming work week is only four days long for me
* Wal-mart being open late on a Sunday
* Not being as dumb as my younger sister when it comes to relationships

No comments: