Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 25, 2007

I hate Sundays...

Why does the weekend always fly by? It never used to. Then again, I used to work four days a week, 10 hour days... now I work five days a week, 8 hours a day. Seems like every day.

I've been slacking on the blog this week, mainly because I spent the first half of the week fighting with my girlfriend over a few issues. We have this issue with communication that is partly her fault and partly mine. I think we both like to keep things inside too much so as to spare the other person or something. We ask each other if something is wrong and we both answer, 'nothing' until finally someone does admit what is bothering them. I've been concerned about this for a while because I read somewhere that couples that keep things inside and don't talk about the things that are bothering them aren't as emotionally close as couples who verbally fight/bicker. I think that since we do usually end up voicing our issues within a few days, we're probably not that bad off.

My best friend threw me a little belated birthday party on Saturday night. She prepared WAY too much food. I felt bad. Usually our mutual co-worker eats enough for five people, but I think last night he only ate enough for two. I think I must have eaten enough for two as well because by 11 pm I felt ill from the food. I had to leave my own freakin' birthday party early. That's the second time in six months that I've had to leave a party early because of feeling ill due to food. The last time I had crab that made me violently ill. Thankfully last night ended up not nearly as bad.

Saturday during the day, my sister treated me to an afternoon at a spa getting a pedicure, massage and my hair styled for my party. Best birthday gift ever. The woman who massaged me is massaging Nelly Furtado on Monday. I'm sure Nelly will be very pleased with her massage... I thought she was amazing.

I resisted for a long time, but have finally brought a TV into my bedroom. I've been having some trouble falling asleep before 11 pm so perhaps it will help. I know, I said that wouldn't be a good idea, but since I have to have something on for my insomniac girlfriend to fall asleep to when she's over on the weekends, I figured it would be better than having a DVD playing on my laptop, draining the battery. It doesn't have a sleep feature on it which sucks, but usually a TV turning off startles me away anyway. The stereo always does (when I fall asleep to Wayne Lee's self hypnosis CDs and sleep/relaxation CDs). The TV didn't have a remote (it got lost somewhere) so I went out and purchased a universal remote control from Wal-mart today. What's the point of laying in bed watching it to fall asleep when you'd have to get up to turn it off.

My other purchase today was a pair of running shoes. I've been wanting to start walking again for weeks now and now that the weather isn't super cold every day, I figure now is the time. My sister is also changing jobs and will have better hours, so she'll be able to walk with me and hopefully we can motivate each other. Two years ago I lost 70 lbs... in the past seven months I've gained 25 lbs back. I cannot let this slide continue!!!! I have to get back to exercising (and eating better, but that's a separate battle). Now that I have the shoes, I'm hoping I can stop making excuses.

Today I'm grateful for:

* My sister, the motivator
* Wal-mart being open until 10 pm on Sundays
* The universal remote control
* Good books
* Cheap movies
* Self-Help books

No comments: