Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Proverbial Wrench

Why can't things ever go as planned?

While getting dressed this morning, I somehow threw my back out a little. I managed to get to work, but only lasted an hour before having to go back home. It's a little better right now but still sore as hell. Of course this happens the day before I go away for the weekend.

My girlfriend is sicker than a dog. I went over to her place this evening to bring her some dinner and she was just laying on the bed in a daze.... sneezing, I kid you not, every five seconds and blowing her nose every ten. She wasn't this bad yesterday or the day before... it's come on strong now that we're a day away from going away.

I'm a strong believer in fate and like to tell myself that everything happens for a reason (easier to take [read: bitch about] that way, I suppose). Why in the hell is this happening THIS weekend then??? This was supposed to be a romantic weekend away... but now it's going to be the anything but. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sister reminds me that things could be worse and that I should be grateful that I'm even in a position to be able to go away for the weekend with my girlfriend (aka have a girlfriend and have the time off and have the means/credit) and I suppose she's right, but dammit... sigh... it's bad enough Christmas was ruined by illness (holy cow, I hope I'm never that sick again!!!), but now my birthday week too.

Okay, I'll suck it up.

Today I'm grateful for:

* My new Maybelline eye shadow and eyeliner that looks awesome
* Four days off
* Wireless internet connection (so I can lay in bed with the heating pad as I type this)
* The fact that I'm not sick right now like I was at Christmas

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holla what!

hey Vanessa will be in Jasper at the same time... except she'll be snowboarding and staying at a tiny church up there at night

so once again be thankful you're up in a hotel

ps. nyquil is your friend

westmaple said...

Yeah, I rather stay in a hotel than a church. It's probably costing her a lot less though...