Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2007

Best $427 I've spent this week...

It took almost all day, but I finally managed to rescue my car from the dealership after it's annual (and long overdue) tune-up. It was a dream to drive home in... no more squealing and rumbling like a tank. Yeah, I know... I'm such a girl. I wait as long as possible before bringing it in. Let's face it, it's a pain in the ass to find the time. Of course, it serves me right if it breaks down before I get it in. Anyway, I'm taking it back on Saturday for a little more work... the rear bearings need re-packing and the rear brakes adjusted. Another $250, but oh well... whatever keeps it on the road.

While I was waiting for my car to be finished (they were running late), I went across the street to Chapters and picked out two books on how to improve oneself at work. One is called The Power Of Nice by Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval and the other one is 45 Things You Do That Drive Your Boss Crazy (and how to avoid them) by Anita Bruzzese. I read about twenty pages of The Power Of Nice and love it. I also read some of the other one and am enjoying that one too.

It was nice leaving work at 11:30 this morning in order to take my car in. That was about as much of it as I could take. I wish I had taken a nap this afternoon though... the cats kept me up last night, running back and forth between windows. Now I remember why I moved away from there, lol...

Today I'm grateful for:

* My better running car
* Quasi-dinner with my girlfriend
* New books to read
* Better storage

1 comment:

Anita said...

Saw your post and wanted to say how much I appreciate you giving my book a try...hope you find things in it that make you feel empowered and able to use the information to help you on the job. Check out my blog for more career resources and information: www.45things.com, and let me know if there's anything I can ever do to help you with your job/career.
Best,
Anita Bruzzese