Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday Night Blues...

Why does the weekend always go by so fast? Sigh... [edited]

Lots of slacking this weekend. My sister was being an idiot on Thursday night and as a result I strained my lower back. It's been hard sleeping the past two nights because it gets so stiff and sore after a few hours of not moving. I did manage to do some house cleaning though... bathrooms and vacuuming. Bleah. I should have started some laundry too... oh well.

The weather is still rainy and crappy but not as much. It's actually 10 C right now, which is amazing considering how grey and gloomy it is outside.

I went to Wal-Mart this evening to pick up a few things. It seems like I ran out of practically everything I could possibly use in the bathroom this weekend. Toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, hair styling stuff, Q-Tips, etc. I also needed a few plastic storage shelf things, so I took a cart with me. Holy crap, never wheel a cart around Wal-Mart on the weekend. Between the other carts, the strollers and pallets of product that they have strewn around the store for the night shift to stock the shelves with, it's an absolute nightmare to navigate around the store.

I'm staying over at my grandparents' place tonight. Nobody is here so I thought I'd keep the kitties company. They're so cute... climbing all over me, purring, happy someone is here to give them attention.

Tomorrow I'm taking my car in to get fixed. It needs a tune-up badly and an oil change. I hope that's all it needs.

Today I'm grateful for:

* A different start to my Sunday
* Talking some things out, no matter how painful
* Only working 4.5 hours tomorrow.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Good luck with the evaulation. I hated those things. I had to do a "Personal Development Plan" at my old job. Ugh. But I'm sure you'll do fine. It seems like your company really adores you. :)

Sorry about your sister. :( That must be really tough to deal with. I know how it is as you want your siblings to succeed and it's hard to see them make unwise decisions.

Wal-mart sucks. I hate shopping there, especially with the crowds.

westmaple said...

I don't know if they adore me so much as need me right now, lol. It's nice to be the only one there trained for the job. No, wait a minute... it's not. It means I can never take a freakin' day off without getting way behind.

Yeah, Wal-Mart is definitely out for a while. That store is nuts!!