Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 18, 2007

But this *is* my happy face...


Well, this day was going downhill fast once a thought occurred to me:

'She doesn't even know I'm going to Toronto. She won't be driving me to the airport tomorrow. She won't be there to pick me up like the past three trips I've taken. I don't have her to come home to in a week...'

Holy cow, did that knock me on my ass. I got so emotional I could barely finish my day at work. And worse yet, I had an appointment after work, so I was nearly in tears by the time my super nice chiropractor asked me how I was. And then, on the drive home, the tears came... and when I got home I had a big ol' cry. And then I decided that I should call Stacey to confirm the pick-up arrangements tomorrow. In 15 minutes I felt a lot better. I think that probably says a lot about how great the next week will be. Thank god for friends!!!!! Between that call and my message fest with the ex-wife (bit in groover) on Facebook, I don't feel nearly as sad as I did when I got home today. : )

I am suddenly re-addicted to Xena fanfic. I haven't finished packing because I can't stop reading this freakin' fic. Ah well, at least it's passing the time. I printed off a story to read on the plane tomorrow that's over 50 pages. That ought to keep me occupied for one of the four hours in the air.

Today I'm grateful for:

* My friends who are awesome with helping me out when I really need them
* My family
* My trip! (See? I'm excited now, Stace! lol...)
* My co-workers who left me alone today so I could get all my last minute stuff done
* My iPod!
* My laptop (that I sadly cannot bring with me on my trip)
* My ability to be happy sometimes now, even though I'm hurting so bad it's hard to breathe at times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

50 pages of my paper?

tifferny said...

i'm sorry you had a rough day. i had a really rough one myself...

friends are such a beautiful thing. i truly couldn't get through life without them..and my family of course.

have a WONDERFUL time on your trip! :)))

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous... PS. I just got complemented on my hair and my reply was thanks but it's actually sweaty and then I walked away... lol no wonder I can't get a boyfriend haha

westmaple said...

Chantel - Don't worry, I didn't use your printer for it. :P

Tiffany - Aw, thanks! And btw, I love your blog. :)