Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 21, 2007

So, this is what 'relaxed' feels like...

Wow. Just wow. I'm doing a mental check here... my jaw isn't tense for the first time in two months, my shoulders are relaxed, my mind is clear, and when I look in the mirror, I don't recognize myself. Why? The girl looking back at me is relaxed and happy! I didn't realize how my unhappiness actually changed my appearance. I just feel awesome right now.

I haven't though much about her in the past two days. I did have my anxiety attack/breakdown the day before I arrived here, but once on the plane, I looked out the window and mentally said goodbye to all of that bullshit... at least for this week. And I'm glad I did, because since then, it's been a blast. Stacey and I share the same sense of humour... my face and my sides ache from laughter.

Yesterday we visited Niagara Falls (pictures are on the 2 girls in love blog... I'll post some when I get back) and that was amazing. Today I had a lunch meeting at the Canadian HQ of the company I work for. It was so nice to meet some of the people I talk to on the phone on a daily basis. It's all about networking... who knows, maybe one day I'll work at that office.

Stacey and Angele's little girl, Riley, is beyond adorable. She's in front of me right now going crazy in her jumperoo. She loves that thing. Whoever designed that thing is brilliant and should win a Nobel Peace prize for giving parents some peace & quiet.

My favourite quote from this trip so far, "I'm so thirsty, I would drink your saliva right now if I could." - Stacey, after I asked her if she wanted some of my raspberry white tea when we got back to the car at Niagara Falls

Today I'm grateful for:

* Relaxation
* All of the fun I'm having on this trip
* The great work lunch that was worth the drive
* The fact that the trip is only half over. Yay!!!
* Jen posting on her blog *again*

2 comments:

jp said...

You have no idea how my face lit up with a smile when I read today's blog. It's so great that you're having such a blast. I'm happy for you. :)

Your list of things to be grateful for...very good to read.

Enjoy today...and have fun! :)

jp said...

And for the record, I've posted yet *again*!