Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 15, 2007

Day 1 of 3 hell-ish days...

This weekend is pride here... fuck. I think I've taken some more backward steps today. I'm trying to distract myself in various ways (overtime at work, dvd's, shopping, pogo, more work, exercise, etc.) but all I'm doing is exhausting myself in the process. I still feel it all while I'm doing whatever task. I didn't feel like this until Monday... it's been downhill from there.

I'm supposed to be preparing for my trip next week, but it's hard to gather enough thoughts together to take action on anything. I forced myself to get a ton of work stuff out of the way for next week, but personal stuff... um... I'll need to focus tomorrow to see what I need to pack or more than likely where I need to go for hot weather stuff. Of course by the time I get to Toronto, the weather we're currently having will be there, so that'll be pointless... but gotta be prepared anyway.

This morning, my foot was cut with a piece of broken glass that was laying on the carpet in my bedroom. Apparently something was broken outside of my bedroom and it flew in there. I didn't know how practically impossible it is to put band-aids on the outer side of the foot because we don't bend that way (unless super talented) so you can't see exactly where you're putting it. I was almost late for work because of that.

Tonight, I went to pour myself the last of the Merlot and realized for the billionth time that our wine glasses suck. They are probably 30 years old and are weird patterns and shapes. Ugly as hell. I went to Home Sense and got six for $17. Not bad. They look really nice. Four are for white wine and two are for red. Now I can have that glass of Merlot...

My dentist appointment from the other day went well. I love my dentist... she's so awesome. She corrected my bite on the side that was killing me and now it's almost completely loosened up. I have to wait until July 3rd to get the other side adjusted because I realize now that the left side is taking a lot of weight and is starting to get sore and my jaw tense. Oh well... at least there are no cracked teeth, etc.

Well, time to find something else to do to occupy the time before bed. I bet *she* is out at one of the pride functions tonight with her friends.... sigh...

Today I'm grateful for:

* Overtime
* Friends
* Family
* A regular paycheque
* Upcoming vacation
* Sleeping in tomorrow morning

No comments: