Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2007

On a happier note...

I've actually been in a great mood 95% of today. The 5% was not relationship related, so yay! Even when I was reminded of stuff, it left my mind without dwelling on it.

I kinda feel guilty about that though. I know it doesn't mean I'm any less upset about the fact that I'm not able to have her around anymore... I think I might be getting better at coping. But yeah, still hurts like a bitch when I stop to think about it.

Anyway...

I finally mailed away my passport renewal application thingy that has been sitting on my desk ready to go for FIVE months now. Jesus christ, I suck. I still have stuff to send to Stacey and another online friend from over a year ago... I think Stacey will be getting it in person later this month. The other friend, well, she probably hates me now, so I better get on that. Anyway, I hope I get it before I have to go on another business trip. I don't want to have to explain how I can't go because I was a dumbass and didn't mail it in when I was given the renewal forms back in November.

My best friend told me the other day that we HAVE to get tickets to see Bon Jovi next month in concert. Then today she tells me we're not going. It turns out that the cheapest tickets are something like $165!!! WTF??? Is Barbara Streisand opening or something??? Hell, we saw Elton John in concert in September for $150 a ticket but at least that lasted a long time and was absolutely amazing. I wasn't even a big Elton John fan before the concert but I sure am now. For 230 years old, the man sure has energy and loads of talent! Bon Jovi on the other hand, um... not worth the risk. My friend's like, "Yeah, well... I guess you're going to have to hear the story about the Slippery When Wet concert in Detroit another hundred times because this ain't happening." Every so often, when she gets drunk, she starts in on the story of her going across the border with a boyfriend and some friends to a Bon Jovi concert. She left her boyfriend at their seats and got right up to the stage. As a result, she lost where her friends and boyfriend were and had to find her way home to Winnipeg without any money or her I.D. because her boyfriend was carrying her stuff. We tease the hell out of her at that point... speculating on just how she managed to charm the border agent in the middle of the night... lol.

Oh, and Amazon sent me a reply to my flaming e-mail from yesterday. They said they'd send me a replacement copy but I purchased the last one they had in stock. Instead, they're offering to knock off 20% of the cost. I guess I can accept that, considering I was expecting nothing.

Well, time to watch some more TV on DVD...

Today I'm grateful for:

* Codeine
* My job
* My bed
* My surprisingly good mood today

No comments: