Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 20, 2007

Ah, my bad...

I meant to write more yesterday but I ended up wasting the evening watching Lost. I have decided that it is a terrible show, but I'm continuing to watch it because a) I don't have a TV of my own to use, and b) I need some mega distraction. I've hit another rough patch...sigh... and last night and today have been really tough to get through.

Anyway, yesterday was another example of how real karma is. What goes around comes around, everyone gets theirs in the end, etc., etc. A co-worker who made our work environment very tense, was nasty to almost everyone and made it their personal mission to take me down in any way he/she could got fired yesterday. I knew it was coming, I suppose, but it was still a huge shock. It doesn't matter who it is and how much they deserved to get fired, it always hits me like a punch in the gut. It always makes me realize that something like that can seemingly come out of nowhere...

Needless to say the atmosphere at work today was a lot more relaxed. It was like the whole place took a deep breath and let it out.

Hm... what else...

I have decided not to buy a new TV this weekend. I'm going to get my hair cut and my highlights touched up instead. Next week, it's a toss up between purchasing a TV and getting the gym membership I've wanted for a while now. The membership is for this huge recreation complex that has everything from swimming to ice skating to field sports, indoor track, cardio equipment, weight training... and that's just at the one location. There are two other places in the area that the membership is good for... one of them is literally two minutes away. It's about $32 /month, but my work will reimburse me for some of it if I pay for an annual membership. I will need to pay the full $385 or so all at once... so I think the TV might wait a few more weeks.

I haven't been walking or jogging in three days because it's been so gross outside. If only stress burned calories, I'd weigh about 25 lbs. As it stands now, I've lost another 2 lbs... woo. I think I've lost some inches as well... I don't know, I should have measured myself a while back so I could tell for sure. All I know is my clothes are getting looser.

I took my parents out for dinner today. We went to Swiss Chalet, which I love because they have great options for eating healthy. I had the quarter chicken with a cucumber salad and steamed vegetables... whole grain roll on the side. Mmmmmmm....

I started watching another episode of Lost with my sister this evening (the jerkface watched a couple of episodes without me...) but she has now paused it and went out to get herself a blizzard from Dairy Queen. I should totally unpause it and start watching it without her...

Things I should accomplish this weekend:

* Wash bedding
* Wash clothes
* Go swimming at least once
* Either go golfing or hit balls at the range
* Find a new pair of work shoes
* Not text messaging my ex


And let's see...


Today I'm grateful for:

* The end of the work week
* Another distraction (as lousy as the show is)
* 3 hr hair appointments
* Sleeping pills
* Bad Girls fanfic

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you suck
the show rocks
I finished watching it.. now I need to watch the other three seasons...
and thanks for taking me out for dinner
I bought you ice cream
and
the membership is good for the skating rink too, so three places

Anonymous said...

and by skating rink I'm not talking about the one in millennium

westmaple said...

Yeah, I said three places...

It's not my fault you didn't get dinner... you could have turned your car around and followed us.