Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 17, 2007

Second date

Yeah... okay, I guess I know that there's something there. : )

Midway through the afternoon we decided to go stroll through an art gallery after work. We ended up going to the fringe festival after that and then went back to her place for tea (heh..) where we continued to talk past midnight. I just can't get over how much fun it is to have such interesting and intelligent conversation with her. We would probably still be talking away if we didn't have to work in...oh, 5.5 hours. Sigh... damn work getting in the way of my social life.

She asked if she could see me tomorrow (or rather today now..) but I told her probably not because I have my Aunt and cousin's family coming for a barbeque... and seeing how I blew off my Aunt this evening (my mom covered for me... talk about a supportive mother! Willing to cover for me while I go on a date!). We will see each other on Saturday after I'm finished work though. : )

Oh, we also stopped at a bookstore earlier in the evening. It was a new used bookstore near the festival that she wanted to check out. She used to manage a Chapters in the city and is a huge book whore (as well as a writer, etc). I was in awe of the collection she has at home. Anyway, she purchased three books to read and insisted that I pick one out for myself so that I would have a book to remember her by. Kind of sweet, seeing how I adore books.

When we arrived at her place, I noticed one of those tiny little miniture books on her coffee table... I picked it up and it was Nancy Drew's Survival Guide. LMAO... it is such a cute little clever book. She said she found it for me because we have been joking about Nancy Drew a lot lately (I admitted that I had owned several of the books as a kid). So yeah, she sure knows how to woo me, lol.

Oh, I also found out she loves Veronica Mars as much as I do. My god, how much more could we have in common???

Today I'm grateful for:

* Wonderful conversation
* Living in the 'Festival City'
* Friends
* Unexpected visits from family I actually like

No comments: