Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Sick

Yesterday at work I started feeling a little off and when I got home I had a two hour nap and a hot bath to try to shake it off of me. I felt better by the time I left home to go to Julie's place... she cooked me dinner for the first time last night. It was sooooo good but I couldn't eat much because of how I was feeling. I started getting a sore throat last night and it was a little worse this morning. I had planned on sleeping in while Julie went to work but my cell phone kept ringing. It was work of course and I ended up having to have a freakin' conference call with marketing people in Mississauga over artwork for new products we're launching next month. I'm sitting there in my pyjamas and tousled hair and they're asking me if I have the artwork in front of me. Um... no.

After the call I suddenly felt like total shit. I barely crawled back into bed before passing out. Julie came home at noon and I barely knew she was even there. She went to the drug store and got me some drugs and soup and then I was up for a couple of hours before having to sleep again. The day was a complete write-off but at least I had a wonderful girl to look after me. Despite all of the sleeping I've done today, I think that when I go to sleep in a few minutes that I'll pass out quickly. I really hope I feel better tomorrow... work is unbearable when under the weather...

Today I'm grateful for:

* My girlfriend for taking care of me
* My temporary boss at work
* My day off that ended up being a sick day
* The Hairspray soundtrack

2 comments:

jp said...

Awww. :(

{{{TBG & Timmy vibes}}}

Stacey said...

hope you feel much better!!! glad your gf is so caring. your work on, the other hand....blah.