Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Still cranky...

I don't know what the hell's wrong with me lately. I'm in such a bitchy mood. Maybe it's PMS... hm...

Jules and I went to the Oilers/Panthers hockey game last night, courtesy of her boss and his executive suite. Now *that* is the way to enjoy a NHL hockey game... private bathroom, drinks, food, comfortable seats.... It also helps that the Oilers won. : )

On Sunday I had one of the most perfect lazy autumn days. It was gorgeous outside so we walked a couple of blocks to a restaurant for brunch and then walked around her neighbourhood which has a ton of little shops and stores. We found this really interesting bookstore and I found a great book on the rules of karma. Once I'm finished Viktor Frankl's Man's Search For Meaning I'm going to start it. We also found this great stationary store where I found really stylish Post-It Notes (I didn't know you could get To Do list post-its...cool) and eventually we parked ourselves on the patio at this really nice Starbucks where we read various newspapers and asked each other questions out of Love And Sex by Gregory Stock who was the author of The Book Of Questions. Eventually we wandered home and then went over to Safeway for some light grocery shopping (ie less than $50). When we got home, Jules put in the movie Elizabeth because she's totally psyched for the second movie coming out later on this fall. It was a pretty good movie, overall. Man, nobody could trust anyone back then. Anyone could be a traitor, if not initially then eventually after being bribed. Crazy.

I went to see The Brave One with Jules and her gay guy friend, Ryan. Ryan and I get along so well, it's scary. We could be the same person... or at least that's what Julie says. Anyway, the movie was pretty good although I think it could have had a little more substance. Let's face it though, Jodie Foster + revenge = hot.

I hope my American twin is doing well and resting comfortably this week...

Today I'm grateful for:

* My girlfriend
* Hockey season starting
* Late starts at work this week
* Free lunch at work tomorrow
* Gorgeous, crisp autumn days

No comments: