Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Long Weekend

Well, for four days this week, I worked from 7 am to 7 or 8 pm. Tomorrow I have off but only because I'm going to an all day defensive driving course (to erase three demerits from my driving record). I am absolutely exhausted, but am persevering because, well, someone has to. People at work are flipping out left and right and I'm trying to ignore them all and continue doing my job. It seems once the busy season starts, everyone starts acting like babies. Nobody can take any pressure. Whatever. Business is business and what has to be done has to be done. End of story.

I'm hoping to relax tomorrow evening with Jules... Saturday morning I have to be back home because an ex-co-worker is dropping off a gift she brought me back from Africa. Then in the evening I'm off to a party with Jules and some of her friends. Sunday afternoon is Thanksgiving dinner... and then hopefully Monday I can get some work done on the laptop I brought home.

Jules is shocked that I am bringing her to thanksgiving dinner at my grandparents' place. I'm not out to my grandparents but I still bring my girlfriends around for important events. I introduce them as my friends and that's that. She finds this to be very significant but to me it was a no-brainer. She's really excited to go... probably because I mentioned that my grandmother makes homemade pumpkin pie. : )

I'm finding it very hard to find the time (or some nights energy) to blog on a daily basis. I really miss doing it though. :( I'm hoping work calms down a bit so I don't have to work such insane hours but we'll see, I guess...

Today I'm grateful for:

- My unbelievably understanding girlfriend
- A long weekend... or hell, a weekend longer than one day!!!
- My passport finally arriving in the mail (I sent it away June 8)
- My American twin {{{vibes}}}
- The possibility of a vacation at the end of the year

1 comment:

jp said...

Here's hoping the defensive driving class went well...