Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

So apparently...

...my girlfriend caught part of my blog post yesterday when I was composing it. She was sort of sitting/laying beside me on the bed while immersed in Bad Girls series 1 and I thought she couldn't see the screen, but I guess she did at one point.

One lengthy e-mail later...

Sigh.

Oh yeah, and work SUCKS right now. It's only the second week of October and we're already shorting customer orders. Fuck. Damn Alberta and our long summer of suffering with lines shut down, etc. I still take it personally even though it's not really my fault. Fuck.

Here are some pics...

Ravine near home




Jules and I


My sister, Samantha and I


My sisters, Chantel and Samantha and I (too bad Sam's blurry...otherwise a great pic!)

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Great pictures!

Sorry about work. Couldn't you relocate to a cushy job in Toronto? ;)

Ugh about Jules seeing your blog. I don't think you said anything bad and it's really only to your friends. And we deserve to know all--tell her we're like your therapist. We need to know all of the juicy details so that we can help you become a better person and have her babies. All 30 of them.

Seriously, we made our blog private because my family would hear about something we posted and be all bitchy and whiney about it. It was really annoying and we felt so limited on what we could say. Even now, when I'm venting, I'm so worried that somehow it'll get out.

westmaple said...

Yeah, I totally see the value of a private blog. She knows now that I was just working it out with my 'therapists'... it was just a very long conversation about the whole topic. I'm still not sure where I stand on this issue though... mainly because it would be so different from any other family situation I've been around. I don't know... it's not happening in the immediate future anyway. Not financially secure enough at the moment.

Stacey said...

Well, we didn't really know any gay families either. Basically, it works like other families. :P Sometimes you have to be the first. ;)

Stacey said...

Besides, Riley needs a playmate.

westmaple said...

Well, yeah, I know that! :P I meant families where the sperm donor is an actual active participant/parent in the whole thing... because I think that's the way it'd be if I had kids with Jules...