Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday

Well, I found a dress for the Christmas party on Saturday. It's black with some sort of red and green and white pattern... I don't know how to describe it. Anyway, it was on sale for $25! Wow... I didn't even know it was on sale until I went to pay for it. :)

I dislocated my thumb this morning but got it back in place within a few minutes so now it just hurts and feels a little stiff. Unrelated, I went to physical therapy again this afternoon and now have my shoulder taped up with this special kind of tape that gently pulls my shoulder back a little in an effort to work the lower muscles attached to my shoulder blade. Apparently this is supposed to help with neck pain and headaches. All I know is that it hurts right now but probably because I was being moved every which way.

I haven't seen Jen online lately... wondering if she's any closer to feeling better. Hm... I miss her...

The stuff I purchased from Victoria Secret came in the mail today. It came pretty fast considering I ordered it only a week ago (I think... I can't remember). The bras are soooo comfortable!

I had the worst sleep last night... I dreamt that my grandmother was dying of cancer. She was literally on her death bed. It was awful. I was so upset when I woke up. I'm hoping to have a more peaceful sleep tonight.

Tomorrow night I'm going to the Oilers game with Jules and Ryan. The Oilers are playing the Vancouver Canucks so it'll be a good game (even though we'll get our asses kicked hard). Jules got the tickets from her work - a co-worker wasn't going to go, I guess. It's always so much more interesting watching a hockey game live than on TV but tickets are so expensive which is why I/we only go when she can get tickets from work. She barely knows how the game is played (she calls it "the hockey match where our chaps push a puck around on ice and beat on other chaps from another city") heh... it's fun to teach her.

Speaking of teaching, Jules taught me how to play chess yesterday. I nearly beat her but in the end, she prevailed. I tried playing it online last night before bed but it's more fun playing in person.

Today I'm grateful for:

* Finding the first Christmas gift of the season
* My bras from Victoria Secret fitting perfectly
* Having a warm home to live in at this time of year
* Having a dependable car to drive at this time of year
* A trip to look forward to

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Congrats on the dress and enjoy the game!!!

I hope the physical therapy helps!

You're making me think that I should look into getting a bra from there. My bra collection is very, very sad. I'm still wearing a nursing bra, even.

jp said...

Here I am! *waves frantically* I'm still alive! :) I owe you an email or six, eh?

Here's hoping y'all enjoy the game...