Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Another day of vacation...

I was pretty lazy today for the most part. Jen and I went to bed pretty late last night (2 am, late by our standards) so I ended up sleeping until 8:30 am when Wendi called so I could let her in to the building (I had her set of keys for my shopping adventure yesterday) and then went back to sleep until 12:30 pm when I finally decided I should get up and shower because I had to do *something* touristy. I ended up finally leaving the apartment at 2:30 pm and went to the Mütter Museum where I learned a lot about Benjamin Franklin and how smart he was when it came to medicine and, well, everything. I also saw a lot of interesting and disgusting things that were gathered and preserved over many, many years. I left there at 5 pm, exhausted as if my brain just couldn't take any more weirdness, and walked back to the apartment.

Lovely dinner tonight at FARMiCiA where we stuffed ourselves with good food. Jen and Wendi were finally able to open their Christmas presents from me tonight - thankfully the two cute mugs I brought did not break in my mishandled bag. I also gave them some tea, the movie Hairspray and Margaret Cho's Assassin.

Oh yeah, I received flowers from Jules today. I am not too happy about that though - it's fucking expensive to send flowers and she has such a small budget to work with. She knows how I feel about her going over budget for things that aren't necessary... sigh... I didn't give her shit though (I'm attempting to be less critical), I just thanked her.

1 comment:

Sam said...

So jealous you went to the Mutter Museum!

I've wanted to go there since it was mentioned in a book a read a few years ago. Then the History Channel made me even more curious about the place when they featured it in one of their programs.

And, of course, the museum pops up on MSN's homepage today just to continue the taunting.

Sounds like you had a fabulous vacation. =)