Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday (with no work... how strange)

I wonder if it's weird that my girlfriend will be spending Christmas with my family while I spend Christmas away with friends...

My family adores Jules. I joke that they adore her more than they like me. They love that she's spending Christmas with them... in fact, it was my family who insisted. I hope it all goes okay on Christmas eve and day...

We're currently watching What A Girl Wants, which was a cheap impulse buy at Zellers this evening. It's semi-British which appeals to Jules and it has Amanda Bynes and Colin Firth in it which appeals to me. So far it's not bad. : )

I'm also drinking Guinness, a guilty pleasure that I picked up last year in Minneapolis. I spent a week trying it out in the Irish pub at the hotel I was staying at during my first business trip to GMI HQ with a colleague from a plant in Ontario. We would finish our grueling day at work and then go back to the hotel and have dinner and several pints of Guinness in the pub. The plant in Ontario was shut down at the end of November of this year - a move that shocked our plant in Edmonton, but business is business. Now, when I have Guinness, I think of Kathleen and feel a little sad about everyone who worked at that plant who are now either unemployed or working at new jobs. :\

1 comment:

Alibongo said...

Have a great Christmas!

I love the snowy pictures!