Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My New Year's

On New Year's Eve, I was asleep by 10 pm, drugged up on painkillers. I woke up around 12:10 am, looked at the clock and passed out again until 11:30 am. I then had an agonizing day of hobbling around and of course cramps that decided to happen all damn day. I took more pain meds in the evening, fell asleep around 10:30 pm and didn't wake up until 3 am when Jules had a nightmare and yelled right in my ear, "GET OUT OF MY ROOM!", to which I nearly had a freakin' heart attack, woke her up and told her she nearly scared me to death. Her response was to say, "I just had a nightmare and you're worried about your hearing?!" and then she promptly passed out again. It took me a while longer to get back to sleep. Yeah, later on in the morning I filled her in on it and she couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous her statement was. She was like, "I remember when you woke me up, I was laying right next to your head, so that must have been really loud. I'm sooooooooooo soory!" Heh... it's funny now.

Anyway, my point was that I think I finally caught up on my sleep because when my alarm went off at 5:45 am, I didn't feel comatose. I actually had energy to do stuff at work. I haven't felt like that in a long time. Of course I've been working long hours for months now, so I'm pretty sure that's why. I hope that this will continue now that my hours have returned to normal. I'm excited just thinking about having Saturdays off again...

I have pictures I took in Philadelphia and New York but I'm too lazy to put them up yet. I think I'm going to go watch another episode of CSI - seventh season.

Today I'm grateful for:

* My girlfriend
* My grandparents
* My kitties
* Great friends
* Weekends off

2 comments:

jp said...

Hope your hearing has returned to normal. ;)

Stacey said...

Glad you're feeling rested and that work is settling done for you. Laughed at the nightmare story.