Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Next Step

Well, it's decided. I'm moving in with Jules sometime in the next couple of weeks. She's moving from a one bedroom basement apartment to a one bedroom third floor apartment with a balcony... and I'm moving in with her. We were hoping they'd have a two bedroom available, but not at this time. Actually, Ryan, our mutual friend, took the last available one. He's moving in this weekend and now we're moving Jules this weekend as well.

This is quite a step for me, I must say. I'm mildly panicked about it and I'm going to hate the commute, but at least it's only a six month lease, so we can look for something closer to where I work in the summer. As it is, her work is right across the street from where she lives. With her moving upstairs and on the other side of the building, I was joking that she could now tie a cable from the balcony to the roof of her work and slide down in the mornings... y'know, to cut down on the commute across the street *rolls eyes*. For me, it'll take about 35-45 minutes, which isn't the end of the world, but I have to go through the busiest part of downtown in order to get to the suburb that I work in. Not looking forward to that, but for now it's the easiest. We were looking for something here in Sherwood Park, but there are slim pickings around here - what we did go look at looked terrible and definitely not worth the price.

Time for bed. Hopefully I don't have nightmares about moving!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, big step! Congratulations!

Stacey said...

Congrats on the big step! Sorry about the commute but hopefully you'll find something else in 6 months. Although moving's a pain and you might not want to move again. ;) We slowly worked our ways up to a better place and we started with that 1 bedroom on the 19th floor, remember? Good times.

westmaple said...

Thank you :)

Oh yeah, that was quite the little place! Ah, big city living... ;)