Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow, wax, bones and zombies

Today the weather was horrible. It snowed all day and we even had lightning in the morning before I left for work. I drove pretty slow on the way to work and yet still almost slid into a utility pole. Luckily I was able to steer out of trouble and missed it by a whole metre. ;)

After work I went to get my eyebrows waxed. I'm all about the eyebrow waxing. I HATE plucking my eyebrows and rather have a professional wax them into shape. I normally go once a month or so but since I had my nose broken, I haven't been able to get it done. When they pull the strips off, it's practically impossible not to flinch a little and up until a couple of weeks ago, it really hurt to flinch. Also, if the person doing the waxing were to bump my nose, I'd probably cry. I decided that my nose was healed enough to withstand a couple of light bumps, so off I went. Holy cow, it was the roughest waxing I've ever had. I think she must have hit my nose hard at least six times, causing my eyes to water and my vision to blur. I told her my nose was still healing from the fractures but apparently that didn't mean anything to her. It was sheer torture while she banged me up, but at least she ended up doing a good job. She received the smallest tip I've ever given at that place though. All the way home, my head felt like a balloon and I considered pulling over to wait it out, but the traffic and weather made it impossible. I just drove a little more cautiously than necessary and focused hard on the road. When I got home I just collapsed into bed for a while.

When Julie got home, we watched a couple of episodes of The West Wing and then went down one floor to Ryan's apartment where he cooked us dinner. After dinner, we watched Dawn Of The Dead (Ryan's choice - he wanted me to see it... he's totally into zombies. Strange for a gay guy, isn't it??) and now my head is filled with images from the movie and it's bedtime. Um.... yeah, like I really feel like going to sleep now. I totally know I'm going to have nightmares. :(

I need to catch up on e-mail. I haven't been checking it this week, which is weird because I normally go into it every day. I need to stop napping after work and stuff....

Today I'm grateful for:

* My girlfriend
* The fact that zombies aren't real
* My peaceful apartment
* Tomorrow being Friday

3 comments:

jp said...

Zombies aren't real? Uh-oh...

Stacey said...

Dude, plucking is easy! It sure beats someone beating up on your nose. I never hit my nose when I pluck.

I don't like horror films either but I did see that one. I think Angele and our friend Ryan made me watch it. Ryans must like zombies because our Ryan does too.

westmaple said...

I never find plucking to be easy. :( There are always little hairs I can't get a hold of...

I think you're right about the Ryans = zombie lovers theory!