Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Business Casual... whatever.

I saw the whiteout Ottawa had yesterday, so I'm assuming it passed through the Toronto area as well. Heh... misery loves company!

I went out and bought some new clothes today - all business crap that I don't like wearing but have to when I fly to Minneapolis for this conference tomorrow. Business casual is allowed at HQ, but only in some areas. I can't remember which areas I'm going to, so I have to dress fancier just in case. I'm technically supposed to dress business casual at work as well, but I rarely do. I wear a lab coat buttoned up most of the time, so I can get away with dark jeans or khakis and a polo shirt or plain t-shirt. Plus, to get from my office to the main office, I have to put on a hairnet, hard hat, safety glasses and steel-toe shoes. Hardly a situation in which I feel the need to dress up.

My nose is driving me crazy. This part of the country is so dry, it's sickening. We have to have the humidifier on all night in order to not wake up feeling ill. The inside of my nose is still healing and is still quite blocked due to the scabs on the four areas they cut. It's like having a stuffy nose and being able to do NOTHING about it. And yet, I sneeze hourly and have a constant runny nose. I'm sure flying tomorrow will be a pleasure. I'm just hoping that Minneapolis has more humidity than here!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

You're mean. :P Yes, we have LOTS of snow. We had nothing and got it all in 24 hours. Crazy.

I thought my work was business casual but apparently anything goes so yay! I love having the option of dressing down.

I hate winter air--it's just dry and nasty. My skin gets dry and we need to run our big humidifier 24/7.