Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 3 of Minneapolis

Minneapolis is cold and snowy, but compared to Edmonton, it might as well be spring. I can walk outside and not flash freeze. Yay!

My trip has been pretty informative so far and I've made some good connections. I'm exhausted though and not feeling the greatest. All day yesterday I had massive cramps and wanted to die. I had no choice but to tough it out from 8 am to 5 pm which included sitting and listening to lectures and then presenting cases from my facility twice. Jesus... I did well but it was a struggle. From 5 - 6:30 pm there was a fancy reception with a lot of high up QRO people, but I went back to the hotel to die. I barely slept last night and then woke up tired. Today we were out on field trips to various labs and such and I was feeling a lot better cramp-wise but my nose and sinuses decided to lay on the pressure. Holy fuck, I thought my nose was going to start pouring blood... around noon, I felt the weirdest (and pretty painful) sensation in my nose on the right side. I had to wait 15 minutes before I could get to a bathroom to blow the hell out of my nose to see if it was actually going to bleed or if I was just really stuffed up. I blew my nose and felt a sharpness as I did it. I pulled the kleenex away and saw what looks like (because I still have it... going to show the surgeon) a piece of bone. Jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzus... no wonder it hurt so bad! I still feel the pressure now and then but not as bad as before.

Oh, and I finally figured out... it's not scabs that I have in my nose... it's stitches! Yeah, I thought I'd share that because... y'know... y'all weren't grossed out enough.

I'm just waiting for a colleague to pick me up to go to dinner. We have a group dinner this evening... yay... fancy meal that corporate is picking up. :)

I've noticed that the spellcheck option is not working lately... what the hell is up with that?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

It could be something from your sinuses as my mom has serious sinus issues and once blew out this solid mass. Ew.