Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 13, 2008

30

Well, I'm now officially in my 30's...

Jules woke me up this morning by singing 'Happy Birthday'. I turned over in bed and saw she was holding a birthday cake with a '3' and a '0' lit on top. Needless to say, we had cake for breakfast. I decided we needed coffee to go with it so I went into the kitchen to start the kettle. On the kitchen table were 30 balloons blown up and a gift bag in the middle of them. Inside the gift bag? A Wii!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent part of the morning setting up the Wii and playing some of the Wii Sports. Jules has been running around like crazy straightening up imaginary 'mess'. Around 3:30 this afternoon, her parents arrive from England! Eeeeeeeek!

I'm off to Future Shop for a new wireless router (and apparently groceries as she's now in distress about having enough food for an entire army).

So far, none of my family has called me to wish me a happy birthday. Very strange. I guess they're going to wait until tomorrow when we all go over to my parents' place for dinner. My family meeting Julie's parents. Eeeeeeeeek!

Today I'm grateful for:

* My sneaky girlfriend getting me a most unexpected Wii
* A day off
* My Wii
* My Wii
* Wii

5 comments:

Stacey said...

OMG that is so cool. You have an amazing gf!!!

Happy birthday!!!!!

Jen said...

Happy birthday! Good luck with the parents and the meeting of the parents and all...it'll be fine.

Excellent gift--tell Julie well done!

Alibongo said...

Bappy Birthday!!!

yay Wiiiiiii!!

Alibongo said...

obviously I can't type. or else Bappy Birthday is a traditional Australian saying.

westmaple said...

LMAO... thanks :)