Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weekend

I had two good days with only a bit of chest congestion and coughing but now I've been slammed again with the achy, flu-like feeling with a sore throat. Ughhhhhhhh...... I hate this. I don't know how the heck I'm supposed to go to work tomorrow. :(

Yesterday, I finally got new brakes on my car. Apparently my front brakes were seized and the brake pads ended up glazed over (they're supposed to be dull and not polished to a mirror shine) That and a oil change cost $450. They gave me an estimate for the other stuff my car needs and it'll be about $1000. Yikes. I need two new tires and two new belts, struts, etc. Oh, and there is a fluid leak in the front. :\ My birthday gift is money to help with this stuff... Julie is not thrilled as it's not what she had in mind but when I told her my foot went to the floor when I tried to brake, she agreed that it was priority.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Sorry about the cold and the car. I hate spending money on car stuff--it isn't fun. Glad your birthday gift was something you could use though. It's always nice to not have to dish out the whole bill yourself.

jp said...

Sounds like my Canadian twin needs {{Timmy vibes}}...