Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Title change

Alright, I went from 'Re-Connect' to 'Grown-Up Endeavours'. Why you ask? Well, I'm no longer trying to re-connect to society anymore. I was going through a very hard time and felt very lost and behind in how to function as a helpful, happy human in my life and the lives around me.

Done. Cross that one off the list.

Now? Holy cow, I've really grown in the past six months. I moved out of my family's home for the first time in my life (I'm not counting the two months in the Vancouver area that did not work out due to my having mono and not being able to find a job because I couldn't muster the energy to walk to the end of the block, never mind down the street to the Tim Horton's) and I'm living with my girlfriend. I have never lived with a girlfriend or boyfriend before... mainly because that's really frickin' committed in my opinion and let's face it, scary. Not now though! I really enjoy living with Julie. Well... 95% of the time, anyway. There are always a couple little things that drive us insane, but we work through them.

I also turned 30 this year. I'm definitely a grown-up now, whether I like it or not. I do feel like a grown-up though... I've welcomed new responsibilities and commitments and have been thinking a lot about children, houses, cars, etc., lately. 25 freaked me out, as did 29, but 30 feels like a challenge. Sometimes I feel like I wasted my 20's because I did not motivate myself in any particular direction, but my 30's feel like a new page where I can start new plans and nudge (I wouldn't want to push) myself in any direction of my choosing.

In other words, I feel like an adult and I'm excited about my life for, probably, the first time in my life. Better late than never... or perhaps not late at all, but right on time.

No comments: