Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Week at a glance

The past week at a glance:

* I received my tax refund in the mail on Wednesday and paid off the balance on my credit card.

* Went to get a tune up on my car on Thursday and found out my water pump was leaking, my timing belt was near death, the thermostat is near death (no wonder the car never seemed to heat up until I was almost at work during the winter)... Yeah, $825 later I had to put the balance on my credit card (so much for paying it off)

* On Friday the nerve damage on my index finger decided to throb painfully every couple of seconds and would not go away. I barely slept Friday night and was beyond cranky on Saturday. We decided to see if there were any acupuncture places open and found one in Chinatown willing to give us an appointment. So, $75 later, my throbbing finger had improved to a more bearable level and I felt super relaxed.

* My parents were going away for the weekend to my grandparents' cabin but caught wind that my sister was planning on having a gathering at their place on Saturday night so she asked Julie and I to stay over and just be a presence there in case my other sister decided to bring her outlaw boyfriend around and their friends. When my sister found out that Julie and I were staying the night, she was all disappointed but I assured her that we would stay upstairs and not cause embarrassment to her so she didn't cancel. We ended up falling asleep to them singing for some Playstation 2 game I can't remember the name of that is really fun...

* On Sunday, I finished the Harry Potter: OOTP game on the Wii and started the ultra lame CSI: Hard Evidence game. It has a billion load up screens and is just plain boring.

* Yesterday I had a horrible day at work. One of my colleagues, at another location in Canada whom I talk to on a daily basis, had a heart attack at his desk and died first thing in the morning. I was just in a dazed state of shock all day. I went for another acupuncture treatment (another $60 on the ol' credit card) after work. In the evening, a new friend of ours came over for some company (she just broke up with her girlfriend... they were the girls we met a month ago... so sad) and I lent her my 'It's Called A Break-Up Because It's Broken' book which I hope helps her as much as it helped me get over my ex.

* Today, while driving home from work, my check engine light came on. Great. Fan-freakin'-tastic.

Also today, Julie surprised me with the entire Xena series. Wow... I love my girl. :)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Sorry about the downs of your week. Hope things continue to get better (your gf rocks). Maybe the check engine light is just due to the gas cap. That was all it was for my Echo. Once I replaced the cap, it was fine.

jp said...

Nothing says 'grown-up endeavors' like facing the reality (and responsibility) of owning a car, eh? Meh. I'm sorry things are of the suck this week...but I agree with Stace - your gf totally rocks. Xena! Woot!