Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Love Tip #372

After work today, I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some whole wheat rolls for the veggie dogs we were having for dinner. Blockbuster Video is right next to the Safeway in my neighbourhood so I decided to go in and rent National Treasure 2. Jules and I had watched the first one a few weeks back and enjoyed it a lot. We had gone to Blockbuster only to find out that it hadn't been released yet. Anyway, I decided to rent it and surprise Jules with it this evening. Why would this be a meaningful surprise, you ask? Well, Jules told me once that one of her most favourite surprises is a movie brought home. Simple enough, eh?

I got home shortly before she did (her commute from work is about one minute as she works right across the freakin' street from our apartment) and cued up the movie to just before the title of the movie is shown in the first scene. I turned off the television and went into the kitchen to heat up the grill (loooooooooooove the George Foreman grill...).

Jules walks in and after greeting me says, "Hey, guess what movie is out this week!"

I say, "Which one?"

"National Treasure 2! It came out yesterday!"

"Oh, really? That's cool..."

"Yeah, I bet there's probably no copies left to rent right now though. That sucks."

"Yeah..."

I had finished grilling the veggie dogs by this time and we took our plates into the living room. She says, "What do you want to watch? Bad television? A movie?"

I say, "I don't know... I guess we'll just see what's on." I turn on the television and press play.... HUGE look of surprise and then a smile a mile wide.

Boy, did I do good. ;)

1 comment: