Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back

Finally, after almost a year, I have moved back to my old office. Yay!!! I even got a new desk and filing cabinet. It's all shiny and new - I'm afraid to scratch anything. I've been picking up my calculator and stapler instead of sliding them to where I need them in case they scratch the desk. I just need to wait for the first mark and then I'm sure I'll be able to stop that...

Of course moving my files and binders and stuff downstairs to my new desk caused my shoulder/neck/back to go into spasm again. I went for physical therapy again and it settled down after that. Yesterday my shoulder was burning but today it's pretty good. I really need to listen to the advice I was given - Don't lift anything right now even if I feel like I can!!!

The Victoria Day long weekend was awesome. Jules and I went to Ikea and bought two bookshelves and a nice television stand. She put them together while I slept in on Sunday. On Saturday night, we went out with our two gay boys downstairs and their friend from England, also a gay boy. Since the largest gay club shut down in January, and the only lesbian bar sucks, the gay population here has only one club left to go to - the boy's bar. I had been there last year while still dating my ex... I remember liking it even though it was 90% men. This time around, it was about even. Despite my sore shoulder, I ended up dancing a bit with Jules who is a fantastic club dancer. We ended up dancing in a cage together! If only my high school friends could see me now...

The rest of the weekend was spent lounging about watching seasons 3 & 4 of The L Word. We finished all of season 3 and have a couple more episodes of season 4 to watch. I still cannot believe how unbelievably annoying the Jenny character is. The series would be stellar if it weren't for that awful character. I love Alice and Helena the most.

No comments: