Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Expensive Things

Yesterday afternoon I went to the Toyota dealership near my work to look around and apply for financing. Of course the car I want is really popular so they have none available - If I get approved for financing I'll have to wait 4-8 weeks for it. Julie and my dad can't figure out why I'm not excited about the possibility of a new car. I am, it's just not the exciting part yet... finance limbo and waiting for a car to be built and shipped from Toyotaland is not exciting to me. Picking up a brand new car would be the exciting part.

In other news... groceries cost way too much money. Holy cow. I bought half a cart full of stuff and it came out to $70. I didn't even buy any meat this time either. Sigh... it's the fresh vegetables and frozen fruit that hike the bill up. Oh well, could be worse... we could live in Zimbabwe where inflation is now at something like 12.5 million percent right now. You can't even buy a loaf of bread for a billion dollars or something. Here's an article on it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/27/AR2008072701594.html

No comments: