Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

Just another day

I'm tired. I'm feeling the strain of working too much this month. I'm working 20 hrs this weekend but am definitely going to take Tuesday off. And then the Saturday as well. I can't wait to get some extra sleep. I've had a hard time sleeping lately because my left shoulder is buggered up somehow causing shooting pain down my arm when I move it a certain way. It's feeling a little better this week with chiropractor and massage therapy and some icing and heat. I'm getting about five hours of quality sleep this week but am still tired because of the lack of it last weekend.

Work is really dragging me down lately. I've resorted to reading dozens of Dilbert cartoons daily as I now find they parallel my day-to-day office experiences. Some of them make me laugh out loud - those I share with a few select co-workers so they can laugh too. Julie has been sending strips via e-mail as well to cheer me up and today I signed up at the website for daily e-mail featuring either a daily comic or a 'favourite'. The other night we went to a used book store to trade in some of Julie's books and she bought me a Dilbert book which I've already read through. I think I'll keep my eye out for another used book. It's amazing how a comic making fun of an office setting can act as therapy... good therapy at that!


Today I'm grateful for:

* My wonderful girlfriend
* Our four year plan
* My car
* Therapy in all it's forms
* My friends
* My grandmother's homemade pickles
* "Badness" as Julie calls our junk food binges
* Finding new shows to get into
* Some co-workers finally getting it, so to speak

No comments: