Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My day off

Finally, a day off....

My day off has so far consisted of waking up at 7 am without the aid of an alarm clock (figures... can't sleep in even when I want to), witnessing Julie's morning routine, drinking three cups of coffee while I debate getting dressed... getting dressed and then going to The Mall (as in the one all the tourists go to) because there's only one Sketchers store in the city and unfortunately it's there. Luckily, it's located right across from the brand new Bath & Bodyworks that opened last Monday, so I checked that out as well. I didn't buy anything from there though because even on a Tuesday morning, the line up was practically to the door. I didn't buy anything at the Sketchers store either because this year, apparently the fashion is to wear a ballerina slipper for shoes. Every damn pair looks minimalist in some way and takes after a ugly ballerina slipper. WTF?! Where the hell are the normal shoes?! They're on the guys side of the store. Hell, I would have taken a fancier shoe if it looked normal... I LOVE Sketchers shoes, but not this year. This year all of their women's shoe styles SUCK. I wandered around the mall for another half hour, saw some awesome looking (but outrageously expensive) shirts and blouses in Eddie Bauer that I wish I had hundreds of dollars to afford, flipped through pregnancy books at Chapters and then looked at my watch to see what time it was and saw my battery had died. Amazingly enough (well, not really, considering where I was) there was a watch store directly across from the Chapters entrance when I was leaving. I handed over my watch to get a new battery and tried on some sunglasses while I waited. I've gone about two months without sunglasses because I left my old ones on my dash on a boiling hot day in August and they warped and peeled. I can't just get any kind of sunglasses because of my crooked and still-tender nose so it takes a while to find a plastic pair (can't have nose pieces, they hurt too much) that are light enough and wide enough in the nose area to not hurt or look crooked. Luckily I found such a pair today at the watch place.

My next stop was the Rogers Wireless store because I want to lower my 'wireless essentials' package to a cheaper one. When I was dating my ex-girlfriend, we text messaged daily so I had to bump up my package to include 2500 text messages a month. Since we broke up last year, I maybe text message 10 times a month, so the bottom level essentials package would more than cover my needs. Anyway, I went into the store and asked to lower it. They told me they are not allowed to lower packages in-store, only up them. WTF?! So, I have to call them to get it done. What a frickin' scam. They're hoping I forget to call or am too lazy (which lets face it, I probably am).

After that I left the mall, went to three shoe stores in vain and then gave up and went to London drugs where I picked up my prescription and bought some gel insoles for my shoes. If I can't replace them, I guess new insoles are going to have to do. Now I'm at home back in my pyjamas, sipping decaf coffee and waiting for my girl to come home from work.

We have a new evening routine these days, or I should say a new television watching schedule. I'm not one for watching television regularly but somehow we've gotten into the habit of watching FANatical and then Law & Order SVU each night. We also watch Criminal Minds and Flashpoint which are both really good. I can never remember which night they're on but Julie mans the TV Guide so she keeps track. Last night we watched the two hour season premiere of Heroes last night. A co-worker of mine gave me season one and two to watch about a month ago and we blew through season one in a weekend but season two we've only managed one episode because we've been busy doing other things. We were able to follow along well enough last night but I'll definitely be watching season two to catch up.

No comments: