Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

ABBA

So, I guess I've missed out on some good music in my time - I don't think I really started listening to music until I was in Jr. High or somewhere around there. Julie, on the other hand, has listened to music her whole life and knows pretty much every song we hear. A great love of hers is ABBA. Me? I know only their most popular songs... and by know I mean I recognize them but do not know the lyrics beyond the chorus. I have been wanting to watch Mamma Mia for a while now but Julie has not wanted to see it. Being as wonderful as she is though, she picked up a copy from Blockbuster on Friday for me to watch. I loved it! I watched it last night and again this afternoon after which Julie put in her ABBA DVD and gave me a proper ABBA education as she called it. Their videos are HILARIOUS. Wow. I think it's the combination of the outfits and their overuse of close-up and side profile shots. Hee... quite amusing.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

ABBA rocks. "Does Your Mother Know" is one of the best songs EVER.