Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Random thoughts and questions to myself from this evening

If you're going to stand in the change room at the gym talking on your cell phone, you can at least do it without glancing around at all of the people around you changing with a distasteful look on your face. Yeah honey, you ain't that great looking either.

I quite enjoyed watching the men running by me on the track this evening. Where do I fall on the gay/straight spectrum?

Is Twitter really something I need to get into? I'm pretty sure I have enough distractions, despite being occasionally witty.

Should I pay $5.99 to watch The King's Speech on VOD even though I saw it in the theatre? Um, yes, I should. I loved that movie.

Making mini pizzas on pita bread always makes me think of Stacey. The thought never occurred to me until she introduced me to them 3+ years ago. Thank you, Stace - You make dinner easy for me several times a month. That's what I had this evening. :)

Speaking of Stacey... I miss my friends. :(

Julie told me to look after our babies (two shamrock plants) while she's away. One of the plants looks like it's almost dead and the other one, RIGHT beside it looks totally healthy. Clearly that plant loves Julie more than me.

I hate the week before my period. I want to eat EVERYTHING (or as I call it, 'eat the house'). Ugh... Weight Watchers doesn't have enough weekly points to cover that kind of disaster. It ends up being a 'vacation week'.

I love the vegetarian chili I make so much, I think I could eat it every day. Too bad my freezer can't handle more than a few containers at a time or I'd really go to town. 4 pts for a bowlful that totally fills me up. Mmmmm... And of course with soaking/rinsing the beans thoroughly, there are no, um, unpleasant side-effects. :)

Sometimes I wish I didn't work at a food processing plant. I miss being able to wear jewellery (especially earrings and necklaces) all the time and nail polish and have my hair look as good at the end of the day as it did at the beginning (darn hair nets and bump caps). Oh, not to mention sandals and capris. :(

My mom is such a nut. She went to Wal-Mart and freaked out when she couldn't find her favourite sugar free butterscotch candies. She went on and on about how they aren't sold in Canada anymore and I'm thinking, 'I swear I saw them at Rexall the other day when I was buying other sugar free candy for my diabetic friend for Easter...' and told her she's probably mistaken about that and that I was sure other stores still carried them. My mom flat out refused to believe that however and my sister tells me today that she ordered an entire case of them from the United States. I went to Rexall to pick up some waterproof band aids after work (wary of having my healing finger in the public swimming pool...ugh) and sure enough hanging by the cash register, an entire row of these sugar free butterscotch candies. And there is my proof that our mothers occasionally do not always know best. ;)

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Pita pizzas are awesome. I sometimes use those thin burger buns to do even smaller ones.

I miss you. You know what we should do? We were thinking of going to an all inclusive this winter with a group of friends. You and Julie should come!!

Your mom is hilarious. My mom wouldn't even think to order them because she is too lazy for that kind of stuff. Plus her and technology = no go.

westmaple said...

Where are you thinking of going in the winter?

Stacey said...

I don't know yet...do you have a preference?