Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

5 weeks

The doctor's office contacted me this morning letting me know that my HCG levels tripled in 72 hours so that's reassuring.  I booked a prenatal appointment for next Tuesday.  They told me it'll be an hour with the nurse and 20 minutes with the doctor.  Holy cow, that's a long appointment.  They'll probably want to know some kind of medical history regarding the donor's side and I'm not entirely sure I remember everything the donor has told me (because like an idiot, I didn't write any of it down) so that kind of ruins our plan to tell the donor and his partner next Saturday when they come over to see our new place.  Nothing like Facebook messaging news like this... "So, I'm pregnant... Can you give me the details of your family medical history again?"

As for other people, I've only told my boss (I wasn't expecting to tell her so soon but a development at work prompted me to act) and a close co-worker.  Jules has told a few people in her circle as well as her parents.  I'm not sure if her parents have responded to the news yet or not.  I'm not really keen on telling anyone else until there's at least a heartbeat.

I stopped spotting a couple days ago and I no longer feel like my period is imminent.  I do, however, feel exhausted nearly every minute of the day and my appetite is almost completely suppressed (what a nice change!), not to mention my breasts are extremely tender (no more bounding down the stairs!).  Yesterday we went to visit my sister at her first apartment and I couldn't help myself, I had to lay on the couch almost the entire time we were there and fight the urge to fall asleep.  This morning I almost fell asleep in a meeting at work.  Crazy...

Well, off to eat dinner that Jules made and enjoy her last evening of normal mobility for a week or so as she has her surgery bright and early tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Yay for the tripling!!! :) So happy for you. :)

This is a prenatal visit already??? I didn't do one until 12 weeks with the midwife. They go over how things go and then tell you about your appointments. You'll start doing pee tests checking for protein in the urine, etc. Weighing yourself. That sort of thing.

I found the nausea was annoying in the 1st trimester. Not quite like having the flu but more like you needed to eat or feel gross all the time.